We all live in a WIP filled world
WIP Mania Begins
Daughter's wedding shawl a.k.a The Beast: Cobweb lace yarn and complicated pattern necessitates 2 & 3 on the list. Must complete by 10/14. This is non-negotiable as I want to keep my daughter on good terms with me. Undisputed #1.The Beast was consigned to the Frog pond, as the wedding was cancelled. I didn't think she'd want it after that.
- Red afghan: large Beast relief project. 20% done. One more pattern repeat has been added. If I can only bring myself to complete the remaining 8, I'd free a large portion of space in my knitting basket.
Lolly Fant : small Beast relief project.1 ⅞ arm, a tail, and a dress to go.Complete and cute as a button. my socks: oldest travel project I have. It's so old it dates back to when I couldn't knit without a pattern in front of me. Half a sock leg to go.Molly ate it. husbands socks: youngest travel project. ⅞ a sock leg to go. Once I find it.Found it. Frogged with pleasure. Long story. heirloom baby sweater: My oldest knitting WIP, about 40% done. I'll tell you the story when I start work on it again.Molly ate this one too. feather & fan scarf : old travel project. 30% done.Completed. Yahoo! blue dishcloth: needs a couple of rows frogged so I can correctly reestablish the pattern stitch. A DUH! mistake that needs fixin'. ⅔ done.Molly has gone on an all fiber diet. japanese waves shawl: old lace project. barely started when DD announced her impending nuptials.Consigned to the Frog pond, and yarn is now repurposed in a Virus shawl. That I have to find so I can put it in my purse as a carry along project. big ol' sun & moon needlepoint: my dinosaur of WIPs. Older than dirt, and my go to for what I call idiot-work. It's what I do when I can't think & can't count but need something to do with my hands. It's paint by number with yarn. Do I really need to be in a hurry to finish this one? Yes, the canvas is so old (2008) that the design is starting to wear off. And you want a matted, framed FO out of it.Completed, matted, framed, and hanging in dear daughter's kitchen.
New WIP Mania list
- Red afghan: large Beast relief project. 30% done. One more pattern repeat has been added. If I can only bring myself to complete the remaining 8, I'd free a large portion of space in my knitting basket.
- Pi Shawl for my grandmother. Talk about long distance knitting!
- BSJ #5. Dear daughter's best gal pal is expecting in January and baby things are just too much fun to knit.
- BSJ #6. To be knit in bulky super wash wool for my almost toddler grandson. It must fit to keep warm.
- Round Ripple Baby Blanket, (crocheted) also for DD's best gal pal. Besides I have the yarn on it's way. It will fit nicely in my basket. Once the red afghan is done, that is.
- Virus Shawl. Repurposed the Tosh Tart lace yarn from Japanese Waves for this. Scrumpdillyishous.
- Sophies Universe (crocheted mandala blanket). All scrapghan, and full of the most ginormous. Texture. Ever.
- Granny ripple throw that will go to a friend of the family when complete.
- Two Vanora doilies. Not one, but two. I'm a glutton for punishment. One in size 10 cotton, one in size 20 cotton. Grace Fearon is a marvel.
- Summer Splendor doily, also in size 20 thread. Double glutton for punishment. I'm a crochet masochist.
- Two quilts: one baby (just needs binding) and one bed sized (requires me to mop the kitchen floor to sandwich it up).
- Oriental Crane needlepoint. Idiot work from 2008. Had to buy the used yarn kit on eBay just for the chart, the design is almost worn off of the canvas.