Monday, July 10, 2017

WIP Wonderland Redux

We all live in a WIP filled world


I'm assuming that you are like me, so here goes the list scratching off from before. Can't scratch off completed items without a list, now can I?

WIP Mania Begins

  1. Daughter's wedding shawl a.k.a The Beast: Cobweb lace yarn and complicated pattern necessitates 2 & 3 on the list. Must complete by 10/14. This is non-negotiable as I want to keep my daughter on good terms with me. Undisputed #1.   The Beast was consigned to the Frog pond, as the wedding was cancelled. I didn't think she'd want it after that.
  2. Red afghan: large Beast relief project. 20% done. One more pattern repeat has been added. If I can only bring myself to complete the remaining 8, I'd free a large portion of space in my knitting basket.
  3. Lolly Fant : small Beast relief project.1 ⅞ arm, a tail, and a dress to go. Complete and cute as a button.
  4. my socks: oldest travel project I have. It's so old it dates back to when I couldn't knit without a pattern in front of me. Half a sock leg to go. Molly ate it.
  5. husbands socks: youngest travel project. ⅞  a sock leg to go. Once I find it. Found it. Frogged with pleasure. Long story.
  6. heirloom baby sweater: My oldest knitting WIP, about 40% done. I'll tell you the story when I start work on it again.   Molly ate this one too.
  7. feather & fan scarf : old travel project. 30% done.  Completed. Yahoo!
  8. blue dishcloth: needs a couple of rows frogged so I can correctly reestablish the pattern stitch. A DUH! mistake that needs fixin'. ⅔ done.  Molly has gone on an all fiber diet.
  9. japanese waves shawl: old lace project. barely started when DD announced her impending nuptials. Consigned to the Frog pond, and yarn is now repurposed in a Virus shawl. That I have to find so I can put it in my purse as a carry along project.
  10. big ol' sun & moon needlepoint: my dinosaur of WIPs. Older than dirt, and my go to for what I call idiot-work. It's what I do when I can't think & can't count but need something to do with my hands. It's paint by number with yarn. Do I really need to be in a hurry to finish this one? Yes, the canvas is so old (2008) that the design is starting to wear off. And you want a matted, framed FO out of it. Completed, matted, framed, and hanging in dear daughter's kitchen.

New WIP Mania list

So here goes my new list from my old. I can't find my socks, or the blue dishcloth, or  where the heirloom baby sweater is. Oy! Maybe the cat ate them. Yea, that's the ticket. Bad Mollycat. (smirk) 1 and 2 vie for top spot, the rest are on a rotating basis. Lets see how far I get this year...

  1. Red afghan: large Beast relief project. 30% done. One more pattern repeat has been added. If I can only bring myself to complete the remaining 8, I'd free a large portion of space in my knitting basket.
  2. Pi Shawl for my grandmother. Talk about long distance knitting!
  3. BSJ #5. Dear daughter's best gal pal is expecting in January and baby things are just too much fun to knit.
  4. BSJ #6. To be knit in bulky super wash wool for my almost toddler grandson. It must fit to keep warm.
  5. Round Ripple Baby Blanket,  (crocheted) also for DD's best gal pal. Besides I have the yarn on it's way. It will fit nicely in my basket. Once the red afghan is done, that is.
  6. Virus Shawl. Repurposed the Tosh Tart lace yarn from Japanese Waves for this. Scrumpdillyishous.
  7. Sophies Universe (crocheted mandala blanket). All scrapghan, and full of the most ginormous. Texture. Ever.
  8. Granny ripple throw that will go to a friend of the family when complete.
  9. Two Vanora doilies. Not one, but two. I'm a glutton for punishment. One in size 10 cotton, one in size 20 cotton. Grace Fearon is a marvel.
  10. Summer Splendor doily, also in size 20 thread. Double glutton for punishment. I'm a crochet masochist.
  11. Two quilts: one baby (just needs binding) and one bed sized (requires me to mop the kitchen floor to sandwich it up).
  12. Oriental Crane needlepoint. Idiot work from 2008. Had to buy the used yarn kit on eBay just for the chart, the design is almost worn off of the canvas.
Jeez Louise. Do I even know what I'm doing anymore?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here...