Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Complicated Startitis


The knitting goddess, Stephanie Pearl - McPhee, calls the uncontrollable urge to cast on a new project  despite the oh, 15 or 20, or more, projects already in a state of forgotten deshabille "startitis". And I've had it bad for awhile now. Now that spring has sprung, I have it even worse than before.

Since the end of December I've cast on a lace shawl, an afghan, a wee mousie, a Presto Chango baby sweater, a Knubbelchen doll, and a Baby Surprise Jacket. Only the mouse and Presto Chango sweater are completed as of now, with the BSJ approaching completion.

I have developed complicated startitis, which adds "stashitis" to the preexisting condition.  You can't start what you don't have supplies for in the yarn closets or pattern books. In 24 hours I found patterns for four stuffed toys, 2 pair of socks, and a to die for baby sweater. I passed the sock patterns for consideration to a dear knitting friendamine (see, I do have a modicum of self-control), bought the 4 toy patterns plus yarn to make all, then bought the baby sweater pattern. Even though I have a nice color of washable wool in stash that I can use for the sweater, I'm contemplating buying a tonal yarn for the sweater, but so far I can't find one that speaks to me. What???  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here...